- As a Certified Addictions Counselor, provided individual, and group counseling to substance abuse, and dually diagnosed clients, as well as case management services, in both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, prison and school settings.
- Provided educational groups on substance abuse topics.
- Facilitate non violent communication groups in community
- Employed motivational techniques in a variety of settings to facilitate lifestyle change
- Mentored yoga therapy students
- Yoga instructor, teaching yoga in a variety of settings, to a variety of populations, including inpatient rehabilitation, community centers, private yoga studios, and destination spa
- Yoga therapist, providing individualized, therapeutic yoga programs in an inpatient rehabilitation center, and to individuals in my private practice. Assisted and mentored in yoga therapy training programs.
- 2007 to Present Yoga Instructor at The Lodge at Woodloch Pines, Hawley, PA
- 2007 to 2009 Yoga therapist at Serenity Manor East, Beach Lake PA
- 1997 to 2010 Substance Abuse Counselor, at Carbon, Monroe, Pike, Drug and Alcohol Commission, Honesdale, PA office
- 1992 to 1997 Substance Abuse Counselor, Case Manager, Valley View (Inpatient rehabilitation) Center, Kenoza Lake, New York
- 2007 to Present Town of Tusten, Sullivan Co. NY, Zoning Committee, and Secretary of Conservation Council. Representative to the Upper Delaware Council from the Town of Tusten
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- AAS Degree in Addiction Studies, Sullivan County Community College, l992
- BS Degree in Counseling and Human Services, Empire State College, l995
- Workshops and Seminars on: Addictions Studies, Yoga and Bodywork, Non-violent Communication, Motivational Counseling.
- Yoga Teacher Training at the Himalayan Institute, Honesdale PA, 1989, and at the Phoenix Rising Center, Bristol VT, 2007
- Registered with Yoga Alliance , 2007 to present
- Certified in Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy, 2001
- Certified Addictions Counselor, continuous certification from 1992 to present.